Contact Us : +91 832 2226692

Directorate of Archives and Archaeology,
Ourem Road,
Mala, Panaji

Email: dir-arch.goa@nic.in

Chapel of St. Xavier
Chapel of St. Xavier

In the area of the extinct College of St. Paul, stands the small traditional Chapel of St. Francis Xavier.

COMPUTERIZATION OF RECORDS


The Directorate has made a firm commitment to technology and a successful transition to a digital age in a planned and sustainable manner in order to reap the rewards of information technology through document management system. The system includes digitization, computerization and microfilming of all the archival records. The system enables the user to retrieve any document using the indexed data through document retrieval as and when required.

The Birth & Death records of all the eleven talukas of Goa of the period 1914-1970 and the records like "Documentos Para Viagem", "Captain of Ports" and "Land Records" of Bardez, Bicholim and Ilhas have been scanned.

The index entries of the travel documents "Documentos Para Viagem" (1954-1961) and "Captain of Ports" (1916-1965) are computerized and computer copies of these documents are being issued to the public at Annexe office of this Directorate in IPHB Building, Altinho.

Retrieval programme for the Birth / Death records (1914 -1970) of all eleven talukas along with the display of its original image and the transcribed document from Portuguese to English along with microfilms is completed.

This Directorate has launched 4 services under e-Services programme of the Government of Goa. e-Governance project of this Directorate is under progress. The checklists of the records acquired and stored in Stack area are also being computerized.